The I-LEAD Academy will:
1. Provide cost-effective programming for pharmacy staff expressing interest in growing as a leader within their organization and within ISHP
2. Encourage and provide resources for more pharmacists/technicians in Idaho to pursue local, regional and national leadership opportunities
3. Utilize novel technology platforms to encourage state-wide involvement in this leadership curriculum
4. Promote diversity of applicant (community, hospital, managed care, academia, technicians, etc.) and seminar leaders (within and outside of pharmacy) to encourage unique learning and networking opportunities
5. Establish a conduit for the development of knowledge base and consequential innovation to promote positive pharmacy organizational growth
Each participant in the I-LEAD program will be asked to identify a personal mentor with whom they will meet with throughout the program. The mentor must be an ISHP member. Participants should meet regularly with their mentors and discuss leadership principles that can be applied to their professional environment.
Graduate and Other Leadership Opportunities
The I-LEAD program is developing collaboration with academic institutions to make it possible for program participants to earn credits towards either a master degree or leadership certificate. Each university has been contacted to review the I-LEAD curriculum and will determine the number of credits that may be applied to their specific program.
• Boise State University: Leadership Certificate
• Idaho State University: Master’s in Business Administration
• University of Wyoming: Masters of Health Administration
CE credit will also be offered for select classes.
• Attend bimonthly I-LEAD seminars
• Participate in at least 2 different ISHP committees & complete projects / quarterly tasks
• Participate in a leadership program seminar at ISU College of Pharmacy
• Ongoing participation in I-LEAD discussion board on Moodle
• Submit at least one article to the ISHP Newsletter
• Develop a leadership portfolio
• Participate in Fall Retreat
Enrollment and Program Costs
There are no costs for this program, but fellows are expected to pay for costs which include registration fees to the ISHP Fall and Spring meeting and the cost of books identified as required readings.