Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences (1072)
Posting Number: req932
months per year
Faculty Tenure Track
Pharmacy Practice and Admin Science
Pocatello - Main
The Idaho State
University College of Pharmacy (ISU-COP) is seeking a creative, innovative, and
committed individual to lead the Department of Pharmacy Practice and
Administrative Sciences (PPRA), supporting Idaho State University, ISU-COP, and
PPRA mission, vision, and strategic plan. The primary purpose of the PPRA Chair
is to provide leadership, mentorship, supervision, and support to PPRA faculty
and staff. This position will be located at either our main campus in Pocatello
or our Meridian Health Sciences campus. Primary office location will be
negotiated with the successful candidate.
tenure will be negotiated and is dependent upon the qualifications of the
responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The Chair of the Department of Pharmacy Practice
and Administrative Sciences will play a key role in leading the transformation
of pharmacy practice across all campuses (Meridian, Pocatello, and Anchorage).
- Ensure short and long-term goals for research,
teaching, and scholarship align with the mission and vision of the Department,
College, and Idaho State University.
- Support the direction and development of programs
in line with the vision and mission of PPRA and the college.
- Oversee fiscal management and generation of
policies, procedures, and communication for the department.
- Oversee recruitment, development, evaluation, and
retention of faculty through focused mentorship, guidance, and administrative
- Promote and enhance the reputation and quality of
PPRA at the university, state, regional and national levels by highlighting
individual, group, and departmental achievements.
- Build, maintain, and enhance collaborative
relationships with other healthcare systems, academic institutions, private
entities, and other disciplines at Idaho State University to support clinical
practice, research expansion, and educational opportunities.
- Represent the interests of the department as a
member of the administrative team of the ISU-COP.
- Additional faculty responsibilities commensurate
with academic rank and departmental needs.
- PharmD or BS in pharmacy with an advanced degree
- One year of residency, specialty residency or
- Six years of experience teaching in an ACPE accredited
College/School of Pharmacy
- Qualify for the rank of Associate Professor or
higher with an established record of academic teaching, service and scholarship
evidenced by publications, presentations, and funding
- Strategic and operational leadership experience
in an academic setting
- Evidence of budget management and planning
- Evidence of a collaborative management leadership
- Evidence of effective communication, oral and
- Advanced degree in healthcare related field (MPH,
PhD in pharmacy administration, etc.)
- Current tenure or eligibility for tenure
- Board certification
- Experience with linguistic or culturally diverse
- Experience with the development of a self-study
document for an ACPE accreditation site visit
- Prior experience as a department chair or
- Experience in efficient and innovative multi-site
- Experience in developing collaborative
partnerships across stakeholders
- Evidence of sustained grantsmanship
- Evidence of high-caliber teaching, mentorship of
PharmD or graduate students and faculty including: ability-based education
model, active learning, team-based learning, and other student-centered
online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=932&site=1
submit the following documents with your application:
Cover letter, curriculum vitae, a list of names
with contact information for three professional references, leadership
philosophy, and vision statement for the future of the profession of pharmacy.
Position will remain open until filled. Salary
will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive
benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending
successful completion of a background investigation.
State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have
an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all
qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference. Upon request, reasonable
accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with